Dave Sterling had to spike his latest HSB podcast because of some reason or another. That's the bad news. The good news is that Dave and Craig were able to catch up and do a podcast on Good Friday. We hope this podcast finds you well on this holiday weekend and if you need a distraction from family or a way to get from point A to point B, there's only one tiny curse word in this one by Dave way close to the end.
Here's what else we discussed:
The EHC podcast is back talking about early-season Indians. Jim Pete and Mike Hattery don't know everything, but they know a lot and fill the rest in with opinion.
Will Burge joins the podcast to discuss everything that's happening in Cleveland sports right now. He also had a big announcement of his new show on the iHeart App. He'll be doing two hours a day covering sports, pop culture and doing interviews.
Here's what we discussed:
Brian Spaeth has been a fixture on the WFNY Podcast over the years, but not recently. He joins the show to talk about the regular-season Cavaliers and what it's been like to watch them after a championship. In addition, we talk a little bit about movies and the upcoming Furious 8, titled The Fate of the Furious.
- Brian discusses his own personal "chill mode"
- Red Sox fans warned us about following up a "first championship"
- The East and how it still isn't all that scary
- Who remembers any of the Cavaliers' records during the regular season
- Fast and Furious without the ghost of Paul Walker
- Trying a first movie completely without Paul Walker
- Fast and Furious as big-budget spy movies
Though a busy man, we were fortunate enough to have Richard Jefferson peel off some time to jump on the WFNY podcast this week. The Cleveland Cavaliers are fresh of their beat down of the Boston Celtics, but we wanted to try and cover as much information as possible, including the “Road Trippin’” podcast, Richard’s ability to stay in shape, and his multi-year battle with asthma.
Please support the website and podcast with Patreon.
- Cavs-Celtics and what it meant
- “Road Trippin” experience
- What was the impetus for the pod?
- UNINTERRUPTED and the ability for athletes to get stories out
- Competition and Draymond Green
- Is media in Richard’s future?
- Richard’s physical condition and his battle with asthma
- The goals of Richard’s conversations with Boston Scientific
- The struggle was real
- Richard’s future in the league
- The stress in achieving a championship
- Richard Jefferson vs. Vince Carter vs. Father Time
- The Championship Parade
- National Championship Games
- National Championships vs. NBA Championships
- Regular season vs. The Playoffs and enjoying the process
Huge thank you to Richard for taking the time. Visit BTforAsthma.
Craig used to be a Browns-first kind of Cleveland sports fan. Now, considering the current status of all three teams it's absolutely impossible to even pretend the Browns are top of mind. For the longest time, Craig would have made the case that the Browns were most likely to achieve success. Now, that antiquated position looks like a joke.
We discuss all three teams considering their current statuses and what it means for their place in the Cleveland sports zeitgeist.
Also discussed on this episode?
S-Town the podcast and the Netflix TV show Travelers.
Dan Labbe of Cleveland.com has been a friend of WFNY for a very long time. It's been a lot of fun for us to watch him rise in the ranks of Cleveland sports media over the years. So now we get to call one of the premier Cleveland Browns reporters and columnists a long-time friend of our site! Pretty cool stuff.
Here's what we discussed on the podcast.
We're beyond pleased to have Will Gibson back in the fold, if only for a podcast episode with Scott Sargent hosting. Will spent some quality time with WFNY before heading to Philadelphia to pursue the next step in his career and we've missed him ever since.This episode is a long one, but we cover a ton of information and I promise that we keep it moving. Due to all of the topics, I've timestamped them for you below in the event you wish to give certain ones the old Dave Sterling.
We're on Patreon and you can support us!
- Will’s move to Philadelphia
- Philadelphia residents and their treatment of out-of-towners
- WrestleMania 33 and feelings about the card
- “Wrestling isn’t wrestling”
- The WWE, and the current landscape of wrestling fandom
- The Roman Reigns conundrum
- Match-by-match breakdown of the WrestleMania card
- Smackdown women’s title (18:15)
- Cruiserweight title (23:00)
- Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (24:30)
- Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles (31:30)
- John Cena/Nikki Bella vs The Miz/Maryse (37:00)
- Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker (42:00)
- Triple H vs Seth Rollins (47:00)
- Biggest omission from an actual match? (53:00)
- Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens (55:00)
- RAW Tag-team title (1:01:30)
- Who will be a surprise guest? (1:04:00)
- Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin (1:08:00)
- RAW women’s title (1:12:00)
- Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton (1:17:00)
- Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg (1:21:00)
- The RAW After WrestleMania (1:24:00)
- Role of The New Day (1:26:30)
- Where you can find Will’s work
- Will getting stuck in an elevator
- Will making friends with “Rodney” in said elevator
Huge thank you to Will. You should follow him on Twitter as well as subscribing, sharing and commenting on our podcast feeds at all the various locations.
Subscribe: iTunes Stitcher Google Play
The Hot Sports Boys are back and we've got a lot of stuff to talk about. We take on the topic of pre-seasons, training camps and everything else that happens before the games actually start to count. If you don't like what we've got to say, or you do, make sure you @ us on twitter @fridayfumble. We get some steaming hot takes from Yaz who is mad about all sorts of things. Later, Dylan and Dave rant about the state of advertising these days.
About a year since her last appearance on the WFNY podcast, Jessica Forrester returns! We talk Colin Kaepernick, Indians attendance and a whole lot about Cleveland brunch!
Chad Zumock moved to Los Angeles recently, but happened to be in town this week so we caught up. I always enjoy talking to Chad because you never know exactly where the conversation is going to go. We talked about a lot of sports and even a bit about growing up, and maturing.
I've gotten to know Zac Jackson over the past few years because I help out a bit with the A to Z Podcast. He's recently made a big career move departing Pro Football Talk for up-start site The Athletic Cleveland. It was fun to sit down and talk to Zac about his history covering the Browns, the ways in which he thinks it makes sense to shape his coverage, and also the moment in his history when the Browns broke him. It was a hysterical story and I hope you'll leave feedback as to when the Browns broke you.
Kevin Kleps has one of the more interesting beats in Cleveland sports media. He writes for Cleveland Crain's business, so he's not tasked with game stories or every roster transaction. Instead he picks his spots and covers a somewhat unique beat at the crossroads of sports and business. Here's his bio from the paper and feel free to follow him on Twitter.
Kevin Kleps joined Crain's in January 2013 as assistant editor. Before joining Crain's, Kevin was the assistant sports editor at The News-Herald for 13 years and a sports writer at The Meadville Tribune for four years. A native of Erie, Pa., he earned his bachelor's degree in speech communications from Edinboro University.
The boys of EHC do the most comprehensive Indians talk available anywhere. They do it right here on the WFNY podcast. Jim Pete, Mike Hattery and Jeff Nomina got together and discussed everything that concerns Indians fans everywhere.
Here's what they talked about more specifically...
If there's ever a topic that you want the EHC boys to tackle, you can hit Jim and Mike up on Twitter. (Jeff doesn't listen to his fans.)
The HSBs are back, and we are tackling another big topic. We look at all the major sports, and how the rules are kept. Who is in charge of them and what do they do to enforce them? We look into the little nuances of every system and pick our favorites. Don't like our opinion? Tell us about it on twitter @FridayFumble