Wed, 1 April 2015
Dave hosted a first time guest tonight, Craig Lyndall (@wfnycraig). He was a bit nervous as his first time on the podcast, but he warmed up quite a bit as we went along. We discussed the following.
- Craig loves Justin Beiber and Martha Stewart.
- Young persons sports alliances
- When did you learn about football?
- High school playing surfaces.
- Mike Holmgren's underclothes
- Browns fans are just like every other fan base.
- New Music Tuesday
- Music and Technology
- Sufjan Stevens
- It smelled like spring today.
- National Liars Day.
- The cavs waning regular season.
- Picking against Cleveland is usually a good bet.
- Excited for the Tribe
- Upcoming Guests on the Podcast
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-04-01.mp3
-- posted at: 1:38 AM
Sat, 28 March 2015
Craig Lyndall and Dave Sterling get together in person, in public, to talk about the day's events in sports, cable TV and technology...
- Nervous Dog in Stow
- Chris Clem live in Cuyahoga Falls
- Scene Magazine awarding WFNY Podcast into eternity
- Cavs game against Memphis
- League Pass and why they won’t let local superfans see local games
- NFL losing blackout restrictions
- Buying Game of Thrones on iTunes
- Watch ESPN doesn’t work as well as MLB app
- The NFL should have an NFL network with all past games archives
- NFL Game Rewind and how mediocre it is
- Watching the NFL combine
- Dan Gilbert and how he should start a soccer team
- The evil of charging for tethering and data
- Comcast and the cable companies with their government-granted monopolies
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-27.mp3
-- posted at: 12:24 AM
Wed, 25 March 2015
Craig and @nominataur discuss kids and sports and Kevin Love. Plus Disney Junior Live stinking.
- The fragmentation of the future
- Watching Up for the first time
- Having the “death” conversation with kids
- Realizations about death and The Fall of Freddie the Leaf
- There will never be another 1985
- Cleveland Indians and whether jinxes exist
- Jimmy Haslam and the Tennessee Titans thing
- Dan Gilbert and the meddling
- Pro sports owners and knowing their lane
- The Miami Dolphins and what the hell they’re doing
- Overpaying Dwayne Bowe versus overpaying a star player
- Wasting Indians seasons under Eric Wedge
- What are the Browns doing at quarterback?
- Emotionally weak quarterbacks and Browns fans
- Getting to know that Matt Ryan is a goofy dude
- Indians twitter and how to keep it all up
- A faceless branding twitter account
- The Terry Francona factor with the Indians
- The Kevin Love Cavs storylines
- Talking about Andrew Wiggins as Cavs fans
- The Cavs are probably maximized with Kevin Love
- Disney Junior Live and how bad it was
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-25.mp3
-- posted at: 2:28 AM
Tue, 24 March 2015
Jon returns from hiatus to discuss television. We spoke about The Jinx, the Serial Podcast and much more like...
- Adding a second kid and how much more the workload will be
- How much more work is it to add the children
- Adding Swenson’s to the list of things
- Going to Denny’s and how awful it is
- Going to a drive-in and what it’s like
- The Jinx and whether it would have achieved its success without Serial
- Comparing the Serial Podcast with The Jinx
- Could you re-listen to Serial or rewatch The Jinx?
- The production issues with The Jinx
- How did the producers of Serial and The Jinx get so lucky in their storytelling?
- The creepy factor of Andrew Jarecki vs. Sarah Koenig
- You can pick apart anything and make someone hate anything
- The use of re-enactments in drama documentaries
- Did The Jinx make you want to watch All Good Things?
- Capturing the Friedmans
- Discovering how Andrew Jarecki came to be
- Trying to wait around for the next big thing
- The Netflix generation and their viewing habits
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-24.mp3
-- posted at: 1:38 AM
Mon, 23 March 2015
Dave Sterling and Craig talk about their night of deathmatching and also Swenson's, Hard Knocks and more...
- Death match and pizza
- Entering a 20-mile race
- Half Life 2 and Counter Strike Source
- Feeling old scoffing at eight hours of video gaming
- Swenson’s and Craig’s first ever trip there
- Being a first-timer at Swenson’s
- Browns gear on Ebay that Dave bought
- The technical details of orphaned webpages
- The evil executive owner voice
- The Cleveland Cavaliers clinch a playoff spot
- Taking playoff basketball for granted
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-22.mp3
-- posted at: 1:20 AM
Fri, 20 March 2015
I caught up with Andrew to discuss the fact that I missed all of day one of the tourney. :-( We also discussed the Cavs and the Browns and other stuff like the following...
- Not getting to see the tourney and the torture
- Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins and Suh
- Placing Ryan Tannehill in the ranks of NFL quarterbacks
- Tannehill or Matt Stafford?
- Mike Tomlin vs. Mike Pettine?
- Knowing that Pat Shurmur was going to suck as a head coach
- Being initially down on the Jim Tressel hiring
- David Griffin and his silence on David Blatt’s hot seat
- Finding the equilibrium on Kevin Love and all that’s going on
- Body language analysis of what Kevin Love is going through
- Trying to handicap Johnny Manziel’s chances at resurrection
- The advantages of what the Browns know versus the rest of the league
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-20.mp3
-- posted at: 12:52 AM
Thu, 19 March 2015
Dave talked with Chris Clem (@chris_clem), a Chicago-based comedian born and raised in Stow. In addition to being a touring comedian, Chris, as a huge cavs fan has recently started the Chris Clem Cavs Cast (C4Podcast for short) which can be found at Chris Clem's Podcast site.
- They had a great time discussing.
- The Cavs laying a giant egg in Miami
- Going through the archive for obscure roster members
- Matthew Dellavedova: Pro or Con?
- Will LeBron become insufferable in old age?
- The lost generation of Browns fans.
- Being a Cavs fan in Chicago, pre and post Derrick Rose injury.
- The Spurs asterix people look pretty dumb now...
- Miami people throwing shade.
- Luke Walton
- Regrettable Tattoos that didn't happen.
- Brackets are already busted.
- Ohio State basketball glory days
- Who wants to be a millionaire?! Chris.
- Zeke Marshall
- and much much more!
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-19.mp3
-- posted at: 12:21 PM
Tue, 17 March 2015
After a slow week, Dave and Craig got some podcasting done. Here's what they talked about.
- Monitor Porn
- Being down on the Browns and the start of free agency
- The Suh contract and what it will do to the Dolphins
- Darrelle Revis looking for the big multi-year contract
- Buster Skrine and his fighting for a job
- Justin Gilbert and what he can do in his second year
- Browns look like fools on Jordan Cameron
- Tom Condon and his ability
- Trent Richardson and if he could come back with the Pats or Packers
- Sports talk radio and its overbearing formats
- Rocky IV and the weird relationship with that movie
- Girlscout cookies and putting thin mints in the freezer
- Cleveland Indians spring training news
- Corey Kluber is the world’s worst interview and I don’t care
- The Cavs team chemistry and enjoying one of the greatest teams in Cleveland sports history
- Youthful delusion as a sports fan
- Fearing your own archives
- 2006 Pittsburgh Steelers game
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-16.mp3
-- posted at: 1:34 AM
Mon, 9 March 2015
Dave Sterling tracked down Jacob to talk about a lot of stuff including Taylor Swift? Yep. Listen in.
- Dave and Jacob had a chat on Sunday Evening and discussed the following.
- The famous 23 hour day.
- Has winter broken us?
- Visiting Seattle
- Are you afraid of Atlanta?
- Why couldn't we hold the lead Friday night once we clawed back?
- What is our best line-up without LeBron?
- Resurgence of Kyle Korver
- Is there anyone else you ARE afraid of?
- Excited for playoff basketball
- The cavs are likable this time.
- Why no cavs bowling t-shirts?
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-08.mp3
-- posted at: 2:09 AM
Tue, 3 March 2015
Dave Sterling joined Craig to discuss the Cleveland Browns signing of Josh McCown to be their quarterback.
- The Cleveland Browns signing Josh McCown
- Dave and Craig having chemistry and going on a date
- Self loathing and Josh McCown
- There’s nothing good about the Josh McCown signing really
- The Bleacher Report top five reasons the Josh McCown signing was good
- Josh McCown looks like Guile from Street Fighter
- James Harden was suspended for kicking LeBron in the nuts
- Animated GIFs of nut kicks
- Does Chris Grant get any pride from current Cavaliers?
- Golden State Warriors fans RT’ing old tweets
- Tony Rizzo saying, “You better pay me.”
- Avoiding sports talk radio
- The traps of sports talk radio
- Craig and Dave fix sports talk radio
- Sports talk radio callers who think they’re famous
- Patton Oswalt has mastered Twitter plus Big Fan love
- The difference between Facebook and Twitter
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-03.mp3
-- posted at: 3:25 AM