Tue, 3 March 2015
Dave Sterling joined Craig to discuss the Cleveland Browns signing of Josh McCown to be their quarterback.
- The Cleveland Browns signing Josh McCown
- Dave and Craig having chemistry and going on a date
- Self loathing and Josh McCown
- There’s nothing good about the Josh McCown signing really
- The Bleacher Report top five reasons the Josh McCown signing was good
- Josh McCown looks like Guile from Street Fighter
- James Harden was suspended for kicking LeBron in the nuts
- Animated GIFs of nut kicks
- Does Chris Grant get any pride from current Cavaliers?
- Golden State Warriors fans RT’ing old tweets
- Tony Rizzo saying, “You better pay me.”
- Avoiding sports talk radio
- The traps of sports talk radio
- Craig and Dave fix sports talk radio
- Sports talk radio callers who think they’re famous
- Patton Oswalt has mastered Twitter plus Big Fan love
- The difference between Facebook and Twitter
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-03.mp3
-- posted at: 3:25 AM
Tue, 3 March 2015
I ran down Boney again this year to talk Detroit Tigers and the A.L. Central, but we ended up talking about lots of other things too.
- Detroit Tigers and the A.L. Central
- Are the Tigers finally done with age?
- Liking Cespedes as a player
- International amateur free agents
- Collective bargaining and keeping labor peace in pro sports
- Baseball is due for a fight but the NBA might just pass through
- Is Detroit still the team to beat in the AL Central?
- Healthy Anibal Sanchez and Justin Verlander
- David Price and his outlook for his season and future in Detroit
- Can the Tigers stem the tide of the Verlander and Cabrera deals?
- Did the Tigers bid against themselves with Miguel Cabrera?
- Suh and never reading the comments sections
- Suh probably won’t become Albert Haynesworth
- The Pistons are kind of a fun team again
- The Pistons signing Josh Smith
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-03-02.mp3
-- posted at: 3:14 AM
Thu, 26 February 2015
Here's part two of the podcast with Andrew where we discuss the Cleveland Browns and music.
- Cleveland Browns logo change and Alec Scheiner’s
- The announcing of a re-brand
- What would have been good enough for Browns fans?
- Twitter and Facebook are where Browns fans congregate
- The penalties for Ray Farmer for his texting
- The dead period of the NFL and how it’s impossible to make good news
- Not getting into Wahoo
- The extra-curriculars around sports as opposed to the sports themselves
- Funding stadiums and arenas
- Not caring about the sports and just the cult of personality
- Striking the balance between running a site and the value proposition for the audience
- Using latitude on the While We’re Waiting posts
- Bands that tour to survive
- Can you enjoy five hours of music over the age of 30?
- The cost of touring and what it takes to put it together
- Unaffiliated cheapo hotels and motels
- The modern music industry and weighing possibility
- The mismatch of your love for art versus society’s treatment of artists
- Music and Death Cab for Cutie
- The global release date for music is now Fridays
- Holding things back vs. releasing them when they’re ready
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-02-25_-_2.mp3
-- posted at: 10:55 PM
Thu, 26 February 2015
Craig and Andrew got together in person in Columbus to talk about the Cavs and a bunch of other things.
- Ohio State versus Nebraska college basketball game
- Missing the Cavs game against Golden State
- The Cavs effort level across 82 games
- Derrick Rose’s injury and the league’s reaction to it
- How big a deal is a meniscus tear?
- Shaun Livingston, Anderson Varejao and Grant Hill
- The Bulls getting rid of Thibodeau
- Denver getting rid of John Fox
- 49ers getting rid of Harbaugh
- Cavs getting Kendrick Perkins and the embarrassment of riches
- LeBron’s involvement in helping make the Cavaliers who they are
- Ray Allen and whether the Cavs should go get him
- The meta view of the NBA through the Cavs getting better
- Agent Zero, Gilbert Arenas, and the guns in the Wizards’ locker room
- Sports league owners vs. the law
- The word “thug” and code words in sports
- Watching LeBron in his Jordan with the Wizards years
- Dion Waiters was a problem
- PEDs and drug testing in the NBA
- Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-02-25.mp3
-- posted at: 10:48 PM
Tue, 24 February 2015
Dave Sterling and Brain Spaeth got together for a very special episode of the Waiting for Next Year Podcast. They discussed
- Brian's Cavs notes...so many regular season games...
- "i think it speaks for itself" the new sports website.
- better "just to watch" sports, forget the analysis
- Effort level, not just for sports! (Spaeth Life Lesson 1)
- Birdman, best picture, not a typical nominee
- Is Dave enjoying podcast hosting?
- What is Craig up to!?
- Dave never watched friends
- Anti-establishment dismissal of popular art
- Radiohead's Kid-A
- "I don't believe in guilty pleasures, I don't think they should exist i think that you should just proudly love whatever it is you love!" (Spaeth Life Lesson 2)
- The Time wasting 90's driving game, Pirateball.
- Case logic CD cases are mostly gone.
- iPods, shuffling, and what is on there.
- Workout music.
- Pumping Iron
- Major League 2
- If Brian ever breaks an ankle, he is in big trouble.
- Weight lifting.
- and finally Brian has to go!
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-02-23.mp3
-- posted at: 4:27 AM
Thu, 19 February 2015
Dave and Dylan got together and discussed some Cleveland sports.
- Note by Note breakdown of a summarized Mike Pettine press conference. Courtesy of Reddit user JohnStamosBRAH.
- Haslam's influence and Browns Club house optimism.
- Manziel's time in rehab.
- Shanahan leaving, and Josh Gordon giving similar signals.
- Optimism, and a website called Waiting for Next Year
- Pettine: Love all over, including sex?
- Cavs at the break.
- Lebron is nobility
- Missing playoff basketball
- Kevin Love will win you playoff games.
- Dylan verifies Dave's crackpot theory
- Cavs into the future!
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-02-19.mp3
-- posted at: 2:21 AM
Wed, 18 February 2015
Kirk came on the podcast and we were all over the place. We talked about Twitter fights and sports and all kinds of stuff. Here's a more detailed list.
- Bomani Jones and the continual Cleveland anger parade
- Kirk and his block party on Twitter
- Kirk is going to give something up for Lent
- The deep freeze versus the Spring thaw
- How are the Buckeyes doing in basketball?
- Thad Matta and what he is and isn’t good at
- Indians hype and how exciting this year’s team can be
- Barry Zito and Indians fans hating it
- Gavin Floyd vs. Brett Myers
- Jason Giambi vs. A-Rod and Roger Clemens
- Cavs second half and not wanting Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce even for free
- Kevin Garnett goaltending after the whistle
- Who does Kirk want the Cavs to go after for the stretch run?
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-02-17.mp3
-- posted at: 2:45 AM
Tue, 17 February 2015
David Sterling and Craig Lyndall discuss all the stuff in and around sports.
- The new math and how different it is
- Spicy hot sports takes and eating spicy food
- Roger Goodell makes a sickening amount of money and he shouldn't
- Overbearing charity campaigns and what actually goes to charities
- Kevin Garnett is a jerk
- LeBron James and New York
- We get it New York
- Are the smartest fans really in New York?
- Speaking directly to Dan Gilbert about the single game ticket program
- Pricing tickets and the complexities of getting into games
- Disney Junior live on ice
- Being sold a car versus wanting to buy a car
- The Wahoo debate and not debating it anymore
- The Akron Rubber Ducks
- Would Albert Belle be able to survive in today’s MLB?
- Mike Polk video about Kyle Shanahan’s powerpoint
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-02-16.mp3
-- posted at: 2:35 AM
Sat, 14 February 2015
Dave invited Andrew to spend some quality time this evening, and here is what they covered.
- Cavs at the all star break.
- Referendum? Are we scared by the bulls? or was it just one night?
- What do you want? Guard depth or big man depth?
- Deli as a backup...drop off from Kyrie is big...no matter who the backup is.
- LeBron and Kevin Love and sub-tweets
- Put the team out there in costume team, uncle drew, wes, and old timer lebron. Mosgov is fine as is.
- embrace the male patter baldness lebron!
- celebrity haircuts
- Jimmy Haslam talks about being punched in the gut.
- Jimmy Haslam's bliss.
- Randy Lerner vs Haslam owner style
- New browns uniforms? Why mess with a good thing? or time for a change?
- #browns @browns
- Better Call Saul,
- The Americans
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-02-13.mp3
-- posted at: 3:59 AM
Thu, 12 February 2015
It was good to catch up with Jacob and talk about a lot of stuff. Mostly we talked about the business of baseball and baseball finances. We also discussed watching sports on the West Coast.
- Baseball mode vs. basketball mode
- The Cavaliers and playing the poker hand in the playoffs
- The Indians and how they start vs. how they finish
- The Kluber extension and whether it’s a good idea
- Should the Indians extend Corey Kluber at all or make him earn each deal thereafter?
- Beating a dead horse on Kluber’s extension talks
- Dolans and how they run their team
- Rooting for the business interests of your owner
- Swisher starting crap with Kenny Lofton
- Variable ticket pricing and team P.R.
- Splitting up season tickets
- 5 PM Cavs on the West Coast
- 10 AM Browns games
Direct download: WFNY_Podcast_-_2015-02-11.mp3
-- posted at: 2:17 AM