Feb 21, 2017
There aren't many question marks when you take into account the
Cleveland Indians' roster. While the infield is as locked as any in
Major League Baseball, the outfield still has some potential for
turmoil. Will Michael Brantley be healthy at any point in 2017? Can
Tyler Naquin continue his big rookie campaign? Is the Lonnie
Chisenhall/Brandon Guyer (Guyer-Hall? ChisGuy?) platoon in right
the anchor of the outfield? Is Abraham Almonte the most pivotal
outfielder? Can Austin Jackson make the roster? Will Yandy Diaz
make the team out of camp? What about Greg Allen and Bradley
Zimmer? WFNY's Mike Hattery and Jim Pete dive into the complex
discussion in today's EHC podcast.
Catch up on the positional previews:
First Base |
Second Base | Third
We're on Patreon and you can support us!
Google Play YouTube
- Hattery continues his full court press to get Conway's Irish
Ale on the full-time menu @GLBC_Cleveland. Jim makes a case
for @aviatorbrew in Raleigh, NC to do the same with McGritty's
- There are a lot of solid players out there, and a ton of
- Are the Indians looking at the low salary guys in the OF as a
way to counterbalance their high-cost players elsewhere?
- Terry Francona and his slow burn Spring Training, that won't
end at the beginning of April
- Francona is really good at finding the right guys at the right
- 9-man outfield, with a sweeper
- Will Michael Brantley even be a factor in 2017, and Brantley
hot takes ensue...
- Santana in left field? No...no...that's not our #hottake
- The Chisenhall and Guyer platoon, with both being discussed as
potential center field options
- Chisenhall's short leash, and how Tyler Naquin could mean the
end for Lonnie
- The center field mystery: Naquin? Almonte? Austin Jackson?
Yandy Diaz? Greg Allen? Bradley Zimmer?
- The Indians and a roster that is massively flexible
- The over/under on the outfield, and Jim goes insane...and I
even give Nomina credit
- Diaz/Allen/Zimmer...who gets the most?
- Is Zimmer the better side of the baseball mirror with Tyler
Naquin? How much can Jim and Mike undersell Zimmer?
- Greg Allen brings a skill to the table that nobody else in the
outfield has...and that's straight up defense
- Grady Sizemore help...helping Zimmer, Naquin and Allen
- Good breaks, but can't make reads? #hottake #idiocy
- The Indians pitching sets up well, both in the rotation an the
pen, to have their best defenders in the infield
- We don't have Collin Cowgill...we have Austin Jackson