Mar 12, 2017
The Cleveland Indians' starting
rotation is considered by many to be the engine of the team,
anchored by former Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber. With fellow
ace Carlos Carrasco, and potential future aces is Danny Salazar and
Trevor Bauer, the top end of this staff can match up with
The fact that playoff hero Josh Tomlin
is considered by many to be a footnote to the "thunderarms" ahead
of him really says it all. With the staff back and healthy after
Carrasco and Salazar missed substantial crunch time (discounting
brief Salazar sightings), some are saying that the starting five
are as good a rotation as there is in all of baseball.
WFNY's Mike Hattery and Jim Pete take
a look at why this rotation is so good, and why there is still
cause for concern. They also take a look at the Columbus rotation,
Mike Clevinger, and why Cody Anderson's UCL injury is giving them
Catch up on the positional previews:
First Base |
Second Base | Third
We're on Patreon and
you can support us!
Google Play YouTube
- Cody Anderson is shut downs, and Jim has rotation angst
- The rotation is the third best unit on the team
- The Big Three
- Can Carlos Carrasco overtake Kluber as the top arm
- Danny Salazar is the puzzle piece...dependent on control
- How will that 10-day DL and bullpen balance the usage of the
rotation, especially with Kluber's innings in 2016, and Salazar's
- Saving Andrew Miller for the playoffs
- How many innings do you expect from Danny Salazar?
- Salazar is a playoff, four-inning weapon
- Kluber has grooved into awesome
- The Trevor Bauer experiment...when does it stop being an
- Outing teammates political views, and how Trevor Bauer could
give a shit less
- Bauer made the transition to a ground ball pitcher in 2016
- Supplemental depth vs. long-term rotation depth
- Why didn't the Indians sign a lottery ticket who could fit into
the rotation long-term, if needed?
- Doug Fister
- To be high on Clevinger, or not to be, but he is a high upside
- Can Clevinger figure out control this late in the game?
- How elite is this rotation...really?
- Rotational dominoes, and how Kluber and Carrasco and affect the
- Oh yeah...Callaway!
- Will a healthy rotation mean 100 wins?
- A Jason Donald reference?
- Are we heading to a situation where we don't have a rotation or
a bullpen, but just pitchers
- Love it or hate it, but the Indians are at the forefront of
- I plug Mike, and Mike plugs me, and we both plug Adam
Burke...and screw Jeff...putting his family ahead of us..it's just